BEACH ROAD HOTEL (1886) LTD. is currently accepting applications for the position of Raffles Hotel Singapore - Chef de Cuisine in the Singapore area. We are actively seeking qualified candidates for this Full-time opportunity.
We are looking for individuals who possess strong Management and Manufacturing skills and have a minimum of Mid-Senior level in the field. Along with technical expertise, we highly value qualities such as integrity, discipline, and a strong sense of responsibility in our potential employees.
The company offers a competitive estimated salary of approximately $2,100 - $6,000 (per Month). Please note that the final salary offer is subject to adjustment based on the company's evaluation.
BEACH ROAD HOTEL (1886) LTD. operates within the (according to the company) industry. If you are interested in joining our esteemed organization, we encourage you to submit your application without delay.
|Company:||BEACH ROAD HOTEL (1886) LTD.|
|Position:||Raffles Hotel Singapore - Chef de Cuisine|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||SGD 2.140 - SGD 6.000 per Month|
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for the production of cold items to support all outlets and banquet events at Raffles Hotel Singapore. This position also oversees the commissary kitchen, which consists of sanitising all fruits and vegetables to be dispatched to the respective kitchens.
The position is responsible for the supervision of the overall culinary operation and for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of food quality and guest satisfaction.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maximising revenue, achieving targets such as P&L budget and forecast, marketing, staffing, quality, training and development of team members.
- Able to perform hands on duties as and when required to demonstrate a variety of international cuisine through food tasting.
- Responsible for monitoring food quality and consistency in order to ensure that the food presented to guests is of the highest quality standard.
- Consistently monitors through daily spot checks all food items being ordered within outlets. Ensures minimal wastage and proper product utilisation is carried out at all times.
- Constantly be alert on freshness, presentations and temperature of food served.
- Supervises and monitors outlet/kitchen operations, works with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed accordingly to written guidelines for food produce specifications.
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom. Makes sure that received goods are of the standard quality and according to hotel’s specifications.
- Supervises food tasting sessions.
- Controls and ensures that expenses/purchases/requisitions are within budget limits.
- Maintains food gross profit set by Hotel without jeopardising quality and guest experience.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions/receiving from stores is properly controlled/minimised wastage, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to demonstrate management abilities when required by the Chef’s Office dealing with budget matters; for example: Labor Costs, Training, Operating Equipment and Food Cost etc.
- Updates menu recipe costing and menu planning for promotions.
HYGIENE AND SANITATION
- Responsible for the hygiene and cleanliness of all kitchens including culinary and service colleagues. Ensures grooming and hygiene practices of chefs are in line with Raffles Hotel Singapore and National Environmental Agency standards.
- Daily opening and closing duties are followed.
- Conducts weekly kitchen walk-through and ensures that the kitchen sanitation and Engineering maintenance and standards are met as well as to take action if required.
- Enforces high standard of hygiene and sanitation in all food-related outlets, along with monitoring all job description guidelines.
- Ensures that all equipment is stored in its designated place and in the most hygienic manner.
- Ensures that the open kitchen is well organised and presentable at any given time.
- Ensures that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently thus avoiding unnecessary quantities being held within the kitchen areas, always ensure complete utilisation of all items made with the minimal wastage as possible.
- Liaises with the Chief Steward to ensure the highest standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained, seeks feedback from all areas regarding the weekly walk-through and follows up closely to ensure that items are addressed in a timely and prompt manner.
- Liaises and works closely with the Chief Steward for pre-planning and execution of delivery and cleanliness of equipment.
- Ensures sufficient par levels for operation are always present.
- Checks all machinery, ensures proper maintenance and usage of the equipment, and follows up with Engineering on work order forms. Misuse of equipment should be reported and disciplinary action should be taken.
- Insists that working areas, working tables, working utensils such as carving boards, slicer, mixers, blenders, cutters, woks, pots, pans etc. are cleaned and sanitised as per HACCP policies.
- Checks drawers, under-counter refrigerators and reach-in refrigerators to ensure that they are clean, and the contents are always fresh and dated.
- To be careful in preventing the usage of spoiled or contaminated products in any phrase of food preparation. Colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection should be not involved in the preparation or handling of food.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP OF THE CULINARY TEAM
- Becomes a mentor and role model.
- Supervises all colleague’s performance and be viewed as approachable, fair when dealing with all the Chefs on all culinary matters at all times.
- Assigns in detail specific duties to all colleagues, instructs them in their work and communicates with Executive Chef on all aspects of the kitchen management.
- Liaises with all departments to ensure correct and professional operation is conducted. Ensures all colleagues are on time at all times and that proper disciplinary action is taken when the policies of the culinary division are not followed.
- Coordinates all outlet functions with the Executive Chef, Event Executives and Chef-In-Charge to ensure maximum efficiency and use of facilities, food and colleagues’ productivity.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments.
- Compiles weekly colleagues’ schedule and submits to Chef’s Office by 12 pm every Thursday for approval.
- Evaluates the performance of the kitchen colleagues and gives the Executive Chef any recommendations for promotions or other actions.
- Works with the Talent and Culture on hiring of colleagues and ensures that proper follow-up is done, through the entire recruitment process.
- Attends daily meetings at 10 am and all other meetings, which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follows directives given and advises Executive Chef on topics of importance.
- Attends monthly departmental meeting and communicates with the team. Follows up on projects assigned if any.
- Ensures that daily line-up is conducted within respective outlet and documented.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met consistently.
- Monitors and schedules annual leave in a timely and effective manner, with the best intent of outlet/colleagues.
TRAINING, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CULINARY TEAM
- Stream lines all training requirements and co-ordinates all arrangements for proper execution of instructions.
- Conducts training regularly for colleagues to develop their skills/new menu items. Records and submits monthly On-the-Job Training hours to Chef’s Office before the 15th of each month.
- Guides the departmental orientation for new hires.
- Ensures that colleagues are aware of hotel rules and regulations.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained on fire and safety, emergency procedures and hygiene.
- Builds guest loyalty and to develop a professional relationship with local guests and regular patrons.
- Continually improves product, presentation, delivery of experience and obtains feedback from guest and patrons.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company BEACH ROAD HOTEL (1886) LTD., so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.