TORM is currently accepting applications for the position of Operations Manager (Vessel) in the Singapore area. We are actively seeking qualified candidates for this Full-time opportunity.
We are looking for individuals who possess strong Management and Manufacturing skills and have a minimum of Mid-Senior level in the field. Along with technical expertise, we highly value qualities such as integrity, discipline, and a strong sense of responsibility in our potential employees.
The company offers a competitive estimated salary of approximately $2,200 - $6,700 (per Month). Please note that the final salary offer is subject to adjustment based on the company's evaluation.
TORM operates within the Maritime Transportation industry. If you are interested in joining our esteemed organization, we encourage you to submit your application without delay.
|Position:||Operations Manager (Vessel)|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||SGD 2.200 - SGD 6.700 per Month|
Operations Manager – Singapore
TORM Singapore Pte. Ltd is looking for an Operations Manager to join our dynamic Operations’ team at our Singapore office. In cooperation with colleagues across Mumbai, Copenhagen and Houston, you will have shared regional responsibility for the operation of approximately 85 tanker vessels in all our segments: MR, LR1 and LR2 & IMO 2 tankers – carrying DPP, CPP, chemical, veg/palm oils for a range of different customers.
TORM’s overall strategic goal is to become the Reference Company within the product tanker industry, which we will achieve through our renowned “One TORM” approach. We enjoy a unique position within our industry of performing under one roof, providing the very best platform to fully understand the business and work together for aligned goals.
TORM has during the past years successfully reduced the CO2 footprint of our fleet by more than 12% of the global emission reductions. This has been achieved by analysis of performance data combined with a profound understanding of and acting on operational matters. Efforts which will continue well into the future by further harvesting of CO2 reductions through strategic initiatives.
As an Operator, your key responsibilities will be to execute daily operations with due consideration to safety, customer focus & satisfaction, voyage optimization and stakeholder management.
Furthermore, Your Tasks Will Include
- Quick and accurate attention to queries
- Providing innovative feedback on how to constantly improve our business
- Participating in various operational and corporate projects
- Visiting vessels and customers in agreement with your manager
Throughout our business, we do things safely and adhere to procedures, rules, and regulations, industry-wise and not least in strict compliance with any governmental or other official requirements.
Your Profile, Qualifications, And Background
It is a preference that you have some operational tanker experience as owner (liquids), agent, or broker in the tanker market. A relevant shipping education is considered a plus but is not mandatory. Furthermore, 2-3 years of sailing experience would be considered an advantage.
It is a preference that you have some experience with the various nautical and technical aspects of a vessel, both related to the cargo and nautical equipment and processes, as well as engine room and its machinery.
You are a great communicator and have excellent knowledge of the maritime vocabulary. Furthermore, you have outstanding IT skills.
As a person, you are energetic, proactive and thrive in a fast-paced environment where daily work routines constantly are challenged by the changing tasks which shipping is known for.
Furthermore, We Expect That You Are
- Able to work flexible hours when work calls for it
- A true team player – always think team before individual
- Engaged in dialogues and discussions internally as well as externally to continuously improve performance
- Finding it natural to follow procedures and update systems timely and accurately
- Motivated when being empowered to make decisions
- Looking forward to travel when needed (3-4 times a year)
- Ready to participate in the 24/7 mobile duty divided among the employees in the Operations’ team
We offer a contract on local Singapore terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus and insurance coverage.
For further information about the position, please contact Kailash Chandra Joshi, Regional Team Leader Operations Singapore, via tel.: +65 6891 9717 or e-mail [email protected] or Veronica Bermann Krivaa, via tel.: +45 3917 8196 or e-mail [email protected].
Please submit your application and CV via the below link or through our website ww.torm.com/careers/ashore as soon as possible and by 31 May 2023 at the latest.
Applications are evaluated continuously, and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Only applications submitted via our recruitment system are taken into consideration. We will handle your information with confidentiality and look forward to receiving your application.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company TORM, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.